Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guest Star: Bridgette Troung

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I LOVE the JBs Journaling cards and mini-papers for making cards. They make everying so easy and quick! I was also super excited for Jenni to release buttons, and loved pairing the red ones with this stamp set (which was also used on the bike card). And once again I cut apart a pearl flower and used pieces of it in the corners of the bike card. If you don't have something that fits-try to make something else work!

This is a 5x7 canvas I created of my boys in their matching Valentine pajamas. I paired my favorite JBS coordinations cardstock with the black/red butterfly paper, and then added some dimension with the new JBS butterflies. I finished it off with a rub-on and the date. I'll be honest-I hadn't intended to use the circle stickers, but in my sleep-deprived state (I have an 8month old) I accidentally wrote 2009, instead of 2010. The circle letters were the PERFECT size! Thanks for inviting me to participate!

Bridgette Truong is an early-riser married to a night owl, and a mom of 2 boys. They keep her busy building legos and watching NASCAR. She started making cards in the mid-90's, in college, and only *thought* of scrapbooking while collecting supplies. She finally took the plunge in 2004, after her oldest son was born. She has had her work published in Creating Keepsakes, Papercrafts, Scrapbook Trends, Cards and Simply Handmade.

Thanks for the inspiration Bridgette!
Pin It!

1 comment: