Saturday, July 24, 2010

NEW Chipboard Buttons with Doris Sander

To create my pumpkins, I first freehand cut the shapes from cardstock. Next I fingerpainted the pumpkin ridges then stitched along them once the paint was dry. The leaves I freehand cut too and bent up the tips a bit to give them more substance. I finished them off with seam binding bows and cute new Halloween chipboard buttons.

Supplies: JBS Coredinations Cardstock, JBS Ranger Paint - Chicken Feed, Family Tree Patterned Paper, Halloween Chipboard Buttons, Seam Binding Tape

Happy Halloween! Merry Christmas! and Happy Valentine's Day! :)

The base of my tree is a piece of chipboard loosely cut into the shape of a Christmas tree. Basically, it is three triangles stacked on top of each other. I covered this base with rows of one inch circles punched from patterned paper and cardstock and bent slightly. I stitched across the three sections of the tree and then lightly painted the bottom edges of the circles. My little tree is decorated with lots of happy buttons.

Suppies: JBS Coredination Cardstock, JBS Ranger Paint - Malted Milk, Brown Sugar and Chili Powder, Family Tree Patterned Paper, Christmas Chipboard Buttons, Red Pearl Buttons, Yellow Vintage Style Sew-On Buttons

After painting my chipboard star and allowing the paint to dry, I put on a coat of Helmar Professional Glue for the nice glossy shine you see.

And a quick and easy Valentine's Day display. :)
Supplies: Large Bingo Card, Red/Black Dotted Label Stickers, Red Chalkboard Alphabet, Valentine's Day Chipboard Buttons, Red Seam Binding Tape, Vintage Flower
I've had so much fun playing with the new JBS goodies! They ship early August, so you'll be able to play with them soon too!
xoxo, Doris :)
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what great projects Doris, I love them all! I linked to your JBS chipboard buttons post in today's scrapbook news article at http://exm.nr/cA9vss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, these are all so fabulous I can barely pick a favorite (the pumpkins won by a hair!) I can't wait to get my hands on the new goodies!
    Ranjini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are amazing, Doris! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely my favorite thing I've seen in some time. The tree is awesome. Can't wait to get some of these!

    ReplyDelete