Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tiny Tart Tin Pincushions by Kerry Lynn Yeary

when i received my packet of the new jbs be our guest release and the project foundations my heart skipped a beat when i saw these vintage inspired round tart tins. i knew instantly hat i wanted to create a few pin cushions with them with some scraps of a vintage cutter quilt that i had been hoarding.

to start i cut a round piece of the quilt and then stuffed it into a circle over a wadded up piece of old batting. i stitched along the edges, which are hidden underneath {inside the tart tin} to form a nice tight ball. then i used hot glue to attach the quilt ball into the tart tins.

after putting it all together i hand-stitched along the quilt seams to add some dimension and then added a little hand-stitched heart to one as well. the pins are a mix of handmade, the paper hearts and flag pins as well as some jbs garnet rhinestone stick pins.

happy tuesday!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. I love those old tin tarts. I have made a few of the pin cushions with them for my sewing room but never thought of using them in my scrapbooking room for Jenni's pins. I need to make me one for that space. Neat idea...Thanks for sharing.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! Great project and thanks for the 'how to'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute! *sigh* it's times like this I wish I could sew! I love this project and would love to create something like it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo sweet!! They are making me hungry. Thx for sharing. LenaS

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, these are soooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete