Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Victorian Valentine by Ranjini Malhotra

The idea for this card came from the Feb 2010 copy of Victoria Magazine. They featured cameo cards created by their artist in residence Olivia Kanaley. They provided the silhouette images from the artist in a download, which is available at www.victoriamag.com/article.aspx?id=6796
I simply downloaded and cut out the cameo image. Then I mounted it on a JBS scalloped journaling card. I added the JBS crepe paper trim to create a medallion by applying adhesive to the back of the journaling card and folding and pleating the trim around the card. I mounted it on a card created with JBS patterned paper and added some black seam binding. The miniature brass heart pendant was from an old JBS kit and I added a bit of bling to form the necklace. I plan to give this to my Mom, but I think it could work for any one special!

Lovely! Thanks for the inspiration Ranjini!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love cameos and this card captures the feel of the cameo perfectly. Love the black silhouette with the red and white. again, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete