Monday, May 9, 2011

Jumbo Toilet Paper Roll Misting

Doris here. While I was doing a little more creating with the May Kits in preparation for gallery updates tomorrow, I thought to take a few in progress shots so you all could see how this background came together.


Some of you may remember my toilet paper roll misting layout from last month. Well, I had so much fun with that one that I thought to get some of the industrial sized toilet paper rolls from school (I'm a high school teacher by day) and give it another whirl. I think it was even more fun the second time around.


This time I aligned four rolls down the side and first swirled a bit of gesso inside each roll with a foam brush. This made a nice loose white circle.


Then I alternated misting colors into each barrel. This first round I used chewing gum, lemon drops, and stick candy. I misted a lot trying to get the color dark enough on the kraft cardstock. Since I had so much liquid on there I thought it would be fun to let the ink run down the page, so I tilted the cardstock to vertical and blew on my droplets to get them to run faster. I guess I was in a hurry. I then decided the chewing gum and lemon drops were still too faint, so i remisted with half and half stick candy/lemon drops on two of the circles and half and half chewing gum/cough syrup on the pink circles. I was more satisfied with these results.


I then misted some spice tin behind where I intended for my photos to go and blew on the droplets to make them run down the page once again.



And finally, while the gesso was still wet, I sprinkled on a little yellow glitter. This is really such fun! It's total playtime. :)
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the layout, Doris! And now, knowing the story behind the toilet paper rolls, it makes it even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, this is amazing! I envy you and your painting abilities! :)

    ReplyDelete