Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Get Inspired!

Today's Spring Training Workout is to get inspired by others. A few members of our design team took this challenge on with some brilliant results . . .


Shimelle Laine was inspired by this layout from Lisa Dickinson.



Shimelle writes, "For our 'inspired by a fellow scrapbooker' challenge, I lifted the beautiful layout Us by Lisa Dickinson. It's such a lovely layout that I didn't want to change very much! I moved the strip of patterned paper up the page a bit and added some crocheted trim to soften the look. All the papers are mini paper designs by JBS, plus Chalkboard Letter Stickers in brown for the title, embellished butterflies in brown and red, one chipboard butterfly painted red, one circle die-cut mini paper and one alpha-printed journaling card... all by JBS. :)"






Betsy Sammarco was inspired by this page from Wilna Furstenberg.





Betsy writes, "I love so much about Wilna's layout, but using the butterfly as the center of the layout was just genius. My plan was to copy her layout design exactly, but once I sat down with my photos and supplies, my layout took a different turn. The photo strip is there and my flower is a large embellishment and stamped with the foam stamp in the add-on kit. The mist is Stick Candy and the drops are Lemon Drop paint. I hardly EVER use my own writing, but since Wilna always does, I wanted to try it too!"



Lisa Dickinson was inspired by this layout from Jill Sprott.


Lisa Writes, "I was initially drawn to Jill's page because of her use of color - the carmine red and turquoise are a lovely, vibrant combination! But the collage design is what I opted to emulate on my page - I loved the way Jill created a collage of photos, tags, labels and lace across her page. The many layers and bits peeking out are just perfection. I did a similar treatment on my page, layering scraps of paper, journal spots and labels with my photos. I added a similar stitched heart as well. I also followed Jill's lead and created the collage on a label-cut paper layered over a JBS exclusive patterned paper."





Doris Sander was inspired by this layout from Shimelle Laine.



Doris writes, "I fell in love with Shimelle's bunting the very first time I saw it on her blog and have had the thought to sew some stored in the back of my mind for the longest time. I'm so glad this challenge finally took me from thinking about it to doing it. I actually lifted a lot more of Shimelle's layout than I first thought I would and it made the process so much faster. The whole layout, including the bunting sewing, took just an hour. Besides the bunting, I also went with her cake theme and used two photos both matted in black like hers. Beyond that I just went crazy with scrap fabric and lots of vintage bits from the May Kits. This was so fun! If you need more bunting inspiration in your life you can read Shimelle's recent post on Five Ideas with Bunting and her fabulous bunting tutorial that first inspired me."
Pin It!

1 comment: